Accepting payments via PayPal Pro
Setting up PayPal Pro for Hiveage is super easy, but requires you to login to both your Paypal Pro and your Hiveage accounts.
Configuring Hiveage for Paypal Pro requires a username, password, and API signature from your Paypal Pro account’s Merchant Setup Section. This is generated by the PayPal system. It’s important to remember that these details are different from the login or password that you use to log into PayPal. Here’s how you can grab them.
In your Paypal Pro account:
- Click My Account at the top of the page.
- Click API Access in the Account Information column.
- Click View API Certificate or Request API Credentials.
- Select Request API signature.
- Click Agree, and then click Submit.
- Write down your API username, API password, and API Signature information.
- Click Done.
If you forget your API credentials after completing the previous steps you can re-access them by clicking Profile > API Access > View API Certificate > Request API signature.
In your Hiveage account:
- Go the Upgrade page.
- Select the PayPal Pro module. You will be taken to the Paypal Pro screen.
- Enter your Username, Password and Paypal Signature in the required fields.
- If you would like this to be your default payment gateway, tick the Enable this gateway for all outgoing non-recurring invoices by default check box.
- Click Save and Enable.
If you enable PayPal Pro by default, it will appear as a payment method on all invoices you send from Hiveage. Alternatively, you can leave it unchecked, and enable Paypal Pro for individual invoices from each invoice’s Invoice Settings section.
When Paypal Pro is activated for an invoice, your clients will see the PayPal button at the bottom of the invoice when they decide to Make a payment.
Also see: Troubleshooting PayPal Payments